Thursday, August 30, 2012

planning from a distance

Bridal Shower


My beautiful friend Cassidy got married recently in Spokane, Washington.  I thought I would share with you how unique her special day was and some planning ideas for her bachelorette party and bridal shower.

I live in Hawaii and wasn’t able to make it to her bridal shower, so I sent a care package ahead of time to her sister’s house, which was where the shower was being held.  I sent my gift (including gift bag and tissue paper), plates, napkins, an icebreaker game and name labels for the drinks.  Her sister was able to wrap the present for me and use the other materials for the event.  To be a part of the fun, the other Maid of Honor (we had two), took her laptop and I Skyped to be included!

I found the template for the bird name cards at
http://dahliawedding.wordpress.com/2010/05/27/a-bird-on-a-wine-glass/

Also, since I had 3 weddings to attend this year, I made Mr. & Mrs. pillows according to each couples' style.  They loved receiving something hand made and unexpected since it wasn't on their registries.

Cassidy and I are in the below picture. 

Bridal Shower care package I sent...


Bachelorette Party

As a Maid of Honor for Cassidy's wedding, I wanted to make her Bachelorette Party really special even though I had to plan it from Hawaii.  I tried not to let the distance deter me from making it unique and still catered toward her personality.  Since the majority of the girls already lived there, I researched to find activities that they hadn't experienced either, so that it was a fresh adventure for us all!  The other bridesmaids were also very helpful and provided resources such as transportation.

First things first...

1. Receive an invitee list from the bride.  This may be more than just the bridesmaids.

2. Determine a date and send a heads up to the invitees.

3. Know your bride!  Research according to her likes and her personality (not every bride wants a "typical" bachelorette party).  Cassidy loves nature, adventure, good conversations as well as dancing the night away.

4. Research the area.  Look for quirky cafes, beautiful views, love inspired monuments/statues and fun tours.  Embrace the location, culture, and cuisine.

5. Finalize the details such as the theme if any, what everyone should wear, transportation, $$.

Here is a play by play of our extremely FUN and ADVENTUROUS Bachelorette Party!  We had a classy, yet hilarious night!

First Stop
Arbor Crest Wine Cellars
Spokane, Washington


Second Stop (Photo Opp)
The Hitching Post
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho


Third Stop
Coeur d'Alene Resort
Sunset Dinner Cruise on the Lake



We finished the night at the Davenport Hotel in Spokane, Washington.



No comments:

Post a Comment